In this episode, Keven interviews Eric Curts, a seasoned veteran of education, presenter, author, and all-around great guy! They talk about all things Google, conferences, and take a spin on the MAGIC wheel. Eric is the author of the book and blog Control Alt Achieve. The book is full of great project ideas and tips for getting started. You can pick up a copy of your own here on Amazon.
Eric is an Authorized Google Education Trainer and a Google Certified Innovator and has had the privilege of providing thousands of hours of training and consulting for schools and organizations all across Ohio and around the country for more than twenty years.
He provides a wide range of services including training, presentations, and consulting with a focus on all things related to Google Apps. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or discuss your needs and how he can assist you.
In this episode, Keven interviews Larry Mumford, an educator with a zest for the classroom that is sure to leave you inspired! Listen to learn about building a rapport before students even enter your classroom!
- Larry Mumford brings 55 years of classroom experience to the teaching-learning process.
- He has served as an elementary teacher, principal’s designee, building manager, intervention specialist, literacy coach, and instructional coach in urban, suburban, and parochial schools.
- Larry was nominated for Ohio Teacher of the Year on two different occasions and featured in Ohio Schools Publications.
- His coaching has been in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Education, the Center for Essential School Reform, the KnowledgeWorks Foundation, the EDWorks Foundation, Cleveland State University, and Independent Consulting.
- He has provided Professional Development sessions and follow-through coaching in Grades PreK-12 in Avon Lake, Lorain, Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, Toledo, Dayton, Detroit, Saginaw, and Albany.
To purchase a copy of “My Passion for Effective Teaching” for $15 or to contact Larry, send him an email at Lmumfo@gmail.com
In this episode, Keven discusses the use of augmented and virtual reality in education as well as Makerspaces with Michael Fricano II.
Michael is a K-6 Technology Integration Specialist and a MakerEd educator at ‘Iolani School. He is also a Google for Education Certified Trainer and an ambassador for many of his favorite EdTech tools!From 2009 to 2014 he helped transition a public elementary school in Hawaii to become a Google Apps for Education school, which included providing Google Apps training for teachers and students and taking on the role of Google Apps Super Administrator. Now, he serves as a K-6 Technology Integration Specialist and a MakerEd educator at ‘Iolani School. He became a Google for Education Certified Trainer in 2014. And he’s been providing professional development to public and private schools and at conferences for more than 10 years. He has served as a President for HSTE (Hawaii Society for Technology in Education – ISTE affiliate) and now serves on the Board and leads their PD Committee.